Access Statement for Well Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Well Cottage Bed and Breakfast provides Bed and Breakfast accommodation in Ewen near Cirencester, Gloucestershire. The accommodation is in a newly built extension to a cotswold cottage. Flat access is available to the property and there is a downstairs bedroom with an en-suite wet room. This bedroom is available with a 6 foot double bed or with twin single beds and is therefore suitable for a guests with disabilities to share with their carer. The dining room is on the ground floor.
There is a No Smoking policy for the whole property.
· The access statement is provided on the web and is available on request in printed form.
· Local Public Transport is limited and the nearest town, Cirencester, is 3 miles away.
· Kemble railway station is just over 1 mile away and transport can be arranged form the station by prior appointment.
· No specialist assistance is available and guests with disabilities should consider bringing a carer.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
· There is on site car parking on a gravel drive with a paved level pathway to the front door.
· Guests can be dropped off close to the solid pathway which is a maximum of 20 feet from the main entrance.
· Rear access to vehicles is possible after they are parked.
· There are no speed bumps, traffic calming measures or barriers on the premises.
· The car park can be lit at night.
· Dog bowls can be made available for service dogs.
Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
· The main entrance has flat access which is 800mm wide and the hallway is stone tiled and flat.
· The ground floor bedroom is close to the main entrance and has an 800mm door.
· All areas are well lit.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
· The hall has a flat stone tile floor.
· The upstairs bedrooms are reached by a straight run of carpeted stairs with a handrail.
· All rooms are well lit.
Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
· The only public room is the dining room,
· The dining room is carpeted and reached directly through a 720mm wide door, but access is alternatively available through an 800mm wide door.
· The dining room is well lit.
· There are no public lavatories on the premises.
/ Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
· The dining room has flat access and a carpeted floor.
· Help is available with the menu.
· We endeavour to cater for special diets and allergies if we are advised of them in advance.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
· There is one downstairs bedroom which has an 800mm wide door and is suitable for wheelchair users.
· This bedroom is available with a 6 foot double bed or twin 3 foot beds.
· There are two further double bedrooms upstairs. These are reached by a straight flight of stairs with a handrail.
· All bedrooms are carpeted.
· All bedrooms have televisions with Freeview. Teletext and subtitles are available when produced by the programme providers.
· There is a beverage tray and a cordless kettle in each room.
· All bedrooms are well lit.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
· The downstairs bedroom has an en-suite wet room 2300mm by 2400mm with a non-slip floor and a thermostatic shower.
· A shower seat is available on request.
· The wet room has a pull alarm.
· The upstairs bedrooms have en-suite shower rooms with thermostatic power showers.
· There is an evacuation policy in case of an emergency and a copy of the procedure is available in every bedroom.
· There is a No Smoking policy for the whole premises.
· Service dogs can be accepted by prior arrangement.
· If prospective guests require more information as to whether Well Cottage Bed and Breakfast will be suitable for them, they should contact us by phone or email and we will try to help.
Address: Well Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Telephone: 01285 770212
Grid reference: SU 005 974
· We intend to provide refrigerators in the bedrooms.
· We are open to suggestions for improvement of our provisions and will consider all requests for aids and facilities not currently available.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
welcome your feedback to help us continually improve, if you have any comments
please phone 01285 770212 or email